Monday 13 June 2011

Power at last!

....and an agonising further 3 days to wait to meet the DDO.

So my next door neighbour called round the other day asking me if I could countersign his Passport form.

"Sorry" I said, "I'm not qualified to!"

But I had a look through the list of people who could though, just in case any of the other neighbours could help.

Then I saw it.

'Holders of Office or persons with standing in the community' - I reckoned this meant that I COULD countersign after all!

I'll explain how...

Seeing as I'm on this journey of exploration and all that (you know what I mean so I won't bore you again) my vicar John suggested it would be good for me to be elected to Breedon PCC (Parochial Church Council) at the next AGM.

So I nervously attended the AGM and was duly elected into office (no 'nays' I'm pleased to say but a resounding round of 'ayes') and I thus became the latest Parochial Church Councillor of Breedon church. You can Google what it means if you like but I find my role fascinating and it's a real honour and privilege to be a cog in the wheel that runs my lovely church.

So I happily (and rather proudly if I do say so myself) filled out the forms in my new and official capacity of a 'Holder of Office or person with Standing in the Community'.

But then after checking the Passport Office website, I found that just about ANYBODY can countersign a form nowadays, even Mark, as he's a Company Director....my dentist, the lady who runs the corner shop, the bloke who runs the pub over the road.......

.......and his dog too probably.


An email arrived from the DDO the other day asking if we could reschedule our meeting as she had a clash of business that day. Of course I replied that it would be no problem at all, and that I looked forward to meeting her on 23rd.

AARRGGHH! 3 more days of agony. I should see it as an opportunity to prepare myself even further. I see it as 3 further days of "What if?", "There's no way".

I'll be OK, I'll take a deep breath and go for it. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment