Friday 13 April 2012

8 weeks gone in a flash....

.....and the sheep returns to the fold.

So my placement at All Saints finished on Easter morning. It was a fabulous service and very well attended (despite the early start), solemn at first but it soon turned to much noise making, singing and shouting and I'm sure "Alleluia!!!" could be heard from miles away that day!

I am, of course, quite sad to have left, but I leave with such confidence and determination to build on what I have experienced. I'm also sad to have left the lovely people there, I have really made some strong pastoral connections with members of the congregation and people who work there, that I feel like I am part of the church family here. I will be back, I won't be able to keep away!

From there I went directly up to Breedon, where I was welcomed back like a long lost friend. It was truly wonderful how warm the greetings were, hugs all round and much happiness on my part and, it seemed, on theirs!

I found myself feeling 'different' though. In quite what way I cannot describe but I put it down to the new found ministerial skills I have gained, the new found confidence to lead services and the realisation that this really, REALLY now feels like my place in life.

I know I have said this before but this feeling that I am showing God's love through my love for people is such a strong one, and I am so convinced that this is the right path for me, it's a very humbling feeling. Bringing people to God and Jesus Christ through the way I deal with them, interact with them, care for them and love them is my mission from God himself, I truly believe this.

The next step to look forward to is meeting with the Bishop, as I progress on my journey, and then later in the Autumn, my selection conference (where nerves will abound) but in the meantime - busy, busy, busy!

And I couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment