Monday 6 February 2012

Looking forward to my placement.

The agenda for my church placement reads like a bit like a shopping list, and I suppose it is in a way - the shopping list of the duties of an ordinand, which I hope to be by the end of this year (an ordinand is someone who is undergoing formal ministry & theology training) as what I am going through right now is my informal training.

Of course there is no guarantee that a candidate for ordination will be recommended for formal training when they have completed their BAP (Bishop's Advisory Panel) but at the very least one can go into this sort of thing with good, solid informal training under their belt (which I am currently undergoing), a good backgrounding in Theology (as I am doing with my JiF and St John's college courses), the necessary people skills, personal strength and character required of a minister (which I believe I possess) and of course, Gods good grace and blessings (which I also believe I have).

After that, it's up to the bishop's advisors to decide if I have 'the right stuff'.

So what was originally a placement during February and March has now also turned into February, March & April, by request, as I'd really like to get some ministry experience around Easter time in, especially as this church holds many diverse services around this time of the year that other churches don't, including weekday services and I think this will be extremely good for me.

So on 19th February, I begin.

A new chapter in my lay ministry is beginning, and I'm ready, willing and hopefully able!

No comments:

Post a Comment