Monday 21 November 2011

A full house you say?

I really WILL be needing God's help then!

I visited John the other day to go over my duties for the next few weeks, including the Christmas schedule and this coming Sunday's service where I'll be let loose on the congregation for the first time preaching.

We were talking about my sermon and how it's developing and John then mentioned something in passing that I almost missed.

"What was that you said John? Sorry I missed that..."

"Yes, I was just saying that we have a baptism on Sunday aswell, so that'll be nice"

"BAPTISM???? You mean that I'll be preaching to a full house, like 60 odd people?"

"Yes, but I'm sure you'll be fine"

Oh Lord in Heaven above, please help me!

So I've gone from fairly confident that I'll say the right thing in the right way to a bag of nerves, terrified I'll make a huge slip up and end up sounding like a blathering idiot.

Put the right words in my mouth please Lord!

1 comment:

  1. It turned out to be nearer to 100 people! Given our usual Sunday congregation numbers about 20, this was definitely a 'sink or swim' experience.

    ReplyDelete