Monday 31 October 2011

Watch out, preacher in training on the loose!

Will my nerves get the better of me?

So yesterday was our All Saints eve service, and also Molly's first communion in our own church. It was lovely - she was beaming, I was beaming, the vicar was beaming! Bless her.

It was also a lovely occasion because not only did we dedicate the new flags which have been donated to the church (a Union flag and a St George's cross flag) but my husband and the Warden's husband got to go up on the roof and raise the Union flag.

It really was lovely to see it flying from the flagpole, he was really proud to have got up there, although it was a tight squeeze up the tower, and you can imagine how windy it would have been on the roof of a church positioned right on the top of a hill - cracking views though by all accounts.

I've got a few things to look forward to in the next couple of months. Firstly a home visit from the DDO, to meet the family and have a chat about my journey and what they think of it all.

Then on 27th November my first experience of preaching. If it is what I think it is, leading the service from the service book, it shouldn't be too daunting as it's all laid out for me, but it still doesn't stop me being nervous!

I've also been asked to be server at another church the following month, lead intercessions on Christmas Day and preach again in January - PHEW!!

How do I feel?

I'm very excited and I hope the congregation will forgive me if I fluff my lines!

1 comment:

  1. The home visit went really well. It was fairly brief, not more than an hour but the aim of it was for the DDO to talk to my family, not me, to find out how THEY feel about all of this vicaring business. I'm glad to say they're right behind me in all of this, I couldn't do it without them supporting me, to be honest.

    ReplyDelete