Thursday 26 May 2011

Meeting with the DDO and other random things.

Another round of battering the Amazon account, escaping cats and butterflies.

So I received an email from the Leicester Diocese Director of Ordinands (DDO for short, much less of a mouthful) asking me to go and visit.

The DDO is amongst other things, responsible for thoroughly testing potential Ordination trainees vocations. She will ask many deep and varied questions about me, my faith, my spirituality, my life, my family - everything, in order to gain a clear insight into my reasons and feelings of calling, what my calling means and where it will lead me.

This for me, is where it gets really scary.

Really scary because although I'm completely convinced in myself of my own calling, thoroughly convinced that the most wonderful thing for me is to become a vicar, there is just this niggling doubt in my mind that despite all that, the DDO and eventually the Bishops will take one look at me and say, "Nah, it's not a calling, you're mistaken and even if it was, you're not our type anyway, please go away"

John assures me it doesn't work that way but I just can't help it, every time I think of it I get really bad butterflies!

So I've got a few weeks to ready myself, get things ready in my head, to prepare and hopefully, my first meeting with the DDO on 20th June will go well.

Part of that preparation means I've bought myself yet MORE books! Yes, despite the towel nearly being thrown in by Amazon recently, my account with them got up on wobbly feet, wiped the sweat off its brow and declared itself fit to fight another round.

Delivered this very morning into my eager hands, I've now got some serious reading, research and preparation to do.

And the cat bit? A complete side issue, my old boy cat had a lump removed at the vets recently and had to have a 'lampshade' fitted yesterday to stop him nibbling stitches etc.
Trying not to giggle at the poor boy's discomfort (I'm not a cruel or scornful pet owner, honest, I really do love him!) whilst he was trying to walk around the house, wobbling, bumping into things and walking backwards was a feat, I tell you!

He shot through the open door this morning, a flying leap over next doors fence and he disappeared into the sunshine.

Long story short, a few miles covered going back and forth in the car looking for him, a kindly neighbour caught him and deposited him in my kitchen - aaaaaand RELAX!

Oooo, just thought of a book I might need, what's my password again?

No comments:

Post a Comment